November is here already and I really can’t believe it. Did October even happen??
While I had every intension of digging into the Halloween spirit, it just didn’t happen. Carmel apples? Nope. Pumpkin carving? Alas, no.
Luckily, we have 2 more months of practicing holiday cheer, right?
While Thanksgiving is not on my radar quite yet, here’s what I am digging into…
- Traveling lights me up like nothing else. Its cathartic.
But the last few years I haven’t been too far outside of St. Louis. (My list of excuses is endless.) When I realized its been 5 years since I’ve been abroad, I had a mild breakdown and decided that the things I’m passionate about need to come first.
So I’m in the process of planning a trip to NYC, Austin, Chicago, Europe….& possibly Costa Rica. I’ll be in New York the first week of December. I’ve been told its quite charming this time of year!
- Last month I had a photoshoot with a fellow blogger. And it was the MOST fun. Not only did I get a ton of great content for my blog (thanks, Mattea!!), but I also got to play around with my camera for an hour.
In high school & college, you couldn’t find me without a camera. Its a hobby I forgot about and I am so thrilled to pick it back up.Want to collaborate on a photoshoot?? Holla at me.
- I’m experimenting with a minimalist diet.
I love cooking (and eating) but I’d be lying if I said I’m working with an abundance of free time. Last year, I would make extravagant meals from scratch and food prep for hoouuurrsss. And let’s be real, I spend a fortune on groceries.
So to simplify this process, I’m going back to basics. Eggs. Chicken. Greens, greens, greens. I’m pretty much eating the same meals everyday.
This could totally get boring, that’s a real concern. But I imagine most people eat essentially the same thing all the time anyway. My grocery budget has been cut in half (or more!) and food prepping takes me ONE hour. I’ll take boredom for the benefits.
- Fleet Foxes’ Crack Up has been my soundtrack lately. I probably listened to the album 30 times last week. My favorite tracks are Fool’s Errand, Kept Woman, If You Need To, Keep Time on Me, & On Another Ocean. But really, the whole album in entirety is fabulous. Perfectly encapsulates my fall feels.
- Audrey will never not be my fashion inspiration. (#5 and #6 bleed together here for style inspo)
I studied fashion in college, but after graduation I somehow decided that fashion is vapid. That I shouldn’t care about it. Well, I’ve been reborn into my old ways. I’ve been pouring over my Pinterest, building my style boards. I was recently told that my style is a mixture of Audrey Hepburn & Olivia Palermo….That’s all I’ve ever aspired to be.